DEW OF HERMON
First up of my review of Nigerian brands is Dew of Hermon. A brand whose mission is to produce quality products using 80% locally sourced ingredients with science. The founder came up with the vision for Dew of Hermon by combining her love for hand crafting and knowledge in chemistry.
I discovered this brand on Instagram. First, I was drawn to the name of the brand (PSALM133.3). Secondly, I was impressed with the way she crafted each item in her line. And lastly, upon further investigation, I found out it was a brand based in my hometown, Port Harcourt, so I knew I had to include it in my wish list for this series.
DEW OF HERMON HONEY OATS SOAP (CLAIM)
Honey oats soap is formulated using natural ingredients, gently exfoliating while providing a non-drying cleanse.
Palm oil, coconut oil, shea butter, sodium hydroxide, coconut milk, honey, oatmeal, fragrance oils.
ACTIVE /NOTABLE INGREDIENTS
COCONUT OIL: used in various skincare products. It lathers readily, a good skin cleanser and leaves skin moisturized
SODIUM HYDROXIDE: used to adjust a product’s pH to make it more acceptable to skin. Its serves as a chemical reagent when making soap, but if too concentrated it could cause irritation to skin.
OATMEAL: oatmeal based products are great for irritated skin, resulting from sunburns, dermatitis, and psoriasis. It relieves itching and redness. Awesome for people with delicate and sensitive skin.
PALM OIL: used primarily for making soaps and ointments. It is also a natural source of vitamin A, C and E.
HOW TO USE IT
AM or PM
Use to cleanse body as part of your A.M or P.M routine.
HOW LONG DID I TEST THE PRODUCT?
December 2017 till this morning (March 18 2018)
WHAT DOES IT SMELL LIKE?
It smells like you’re bathing with vanilla ice cream. Yummy!
The bar soap looks slightly gritty, but in the shower it’s smooth on the skin.
All skin types.
Please read the ingredient list above for possible allergen/fragrances that may not be appropriate for your skin type. For this product, I would advice anyone with tree nut allergies to be cautious.
Very Satisfied = 5, Satisfied = 4, Neutral =3, Dissatisfied = 2, Very Dissatisfied = 1, N/A = Void Response
• I love, love the way it smells. Personally, I am not big on fragrance in facial skincare products, but I am a little flexible with body care products. This smells like vanilla (yummy!) but not like you are bathing in vanilla extract. It’s just right.
• I love the way it lathers on my skin; not too foamy, just right.
• Based on the latter, my skin never felt dry or itchy after a shower.
• It’s a huge bar of soap, I mean HUGE! One bar could last for months.
• Because my skin is extremely sensitive, oat based products work great on my skin
• I wished it was in a bottle. I am a shower gel kinda girl because I can't stand messy soap dishes, and I like the ease of popping my shower gel in my toiletries bag if I have to head off on vacation.
In conclusion, it was a great product and I look forward to testing the rest of the products, even the candle range. Have you tried this product? Please share your opinion in the comment section. Thanks for reading.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.